Crystal Stokes attended the monthly meeting with Dr. Huff and Tina Smith held at JSAB 4:15pm. Members have contacted Crystal with questions and she took them to Dr. Huff for answers.
- Grading at the elementary level- Dr. Huff was unaware of the new expectations of the elementary staff regarding grading. He asked Sarah Stevens to come in answer the questions or find the answers. Sarah was not aware of the newest paper handed out at schools. Principals and CLCs will most likely have an email from Sarah regarding this issue. JNEA expressed to the group of the undue stress to the teachers in giving last minute instructions less two weeks before grades are due.
- TVs in place of printers in ETec/EMINTS rooms. Dr. Huff, Tina, and Sarah Stevens were not aware of this happening. After finding the proper person to answer "Why", the reasoning is because the printer toner can not be purchased any longer. *Note: They has the same face as I did when I heard this from members* Sarah Stevens said she would look into it.
-Special Education Teachers and issues- Good new- Principals have brought their concerns to admin during their "Principal Meetings" and Sarah noted that they are working on it.
Dr. Huff gave his presentation of the celebrations for the district.
- There has been an increase of students from pre-tornado.
- Excited for the salary committee.
- Starting a Parent Focus group to address the needs of our students.
- Ribbon Cutting success.
- Met Life voluntary benefits. Sign up OR DECLINE by Friday.
Shout out to our ESP Prez and VP Eric Powell and Terry Shuey for attending the meeting.
Thank you all for the hard work you put in EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Keep it up and I hope to see many new and familiar faces at our next social: Wednesday, October 29 JBs Downtown Joplin 5-8. JB's is open to only our members for that night until 8!!!